My custom workshops help your team become better web designers.
My hands-on workshops are ideal for…
- … teams with with excellent project managers and print designers who need to start building websites.
- … folks who need to build quick, good-looking sites, and don’t want to use Dreamweaver or FrontPage any more!
- … people who don’t need to code every day, but want to troubleshoot and fix problems and build elements without bothering the technology team.
My workshops: custom, bite-sized, hands-on
My workshops are small, hands-on, and involve a lot of hands-on practice — and they’re customized to your needs, using examples from your day-to-day work.
My workshops are different lengths, but the best ones are spread out in bite-size chunks, rather than all at once. It’s less disruptive to your business, and helps you retain the information in ways an intensive, all-at-once “boot camp” won’t.
Popular workshop titles
- HTML5 and CSS 3 for print designers
- Advanced Web typography
- Building quick sites in WordPress
- Using WordPress as a content management system
- Cheap usability testing to improve ROI
- Interactive infographics
- How to detect faked photos
- Get in touch for more titles and custom workshops
How to get started
Let’s talk about your needs and timeframe, and I’ll propose a solution that fits both. Feel free to call or email.
What People Say About Jim’s Classes
Quoted from anonymous evaluations by adult students:
Jim was great, funny, engaging and extremely patient. Would recomment him as an instructor for anyone, especially beginners.
I especially liked how he paced introducing new material (baby steps!) and how he gave us exercises so we could work at our own speed.
What a tremendous instructor. This was my first class with him, and I hope it’s not the last. Absolutely brilliant.
Very well prepared and helpful. Felt like he answered everyone’s questions, but didn’t get the class bogged down while doing so.
I’m a freelance instructor and developer, and I love teaching. I’m honored to be the highest-ranked web design instructor at Boston University Center for Digital Imaging Arts. Before teaching, I led National Geographic ‘s web design team. Learn more about me.